Thank you for your interest in reserving a room in the Darden College of Education and Professional Studies Building!
Please review the guidelines below before submitting your request:
- Conference rooms may be used for academic and professional meetings, receptions and public lectures.
- DCOEevents will reply to your request within two business days.
- No reservations will be accepted over the phone or in person.
- The Dean for the Darden College of Education and Professional Studies, its educational programs and Committees reporting to the Dean have priority use of space.
- DCOEevents reserves the right to deny the request of any group or organization having previously misused the space and/or facilities.
- Use of the space on the evenings and weekends is made available for Darden College of Education and Professional Studies faculty and staff only.
- Student organizations may only request space during the current semester. Reservation requests are not granted during finals week, for reservations after 5pm and/or weekends.
- Student organizations that make a reservation and fail to honor or cancel the reservation in a timely manner will be considered a "no show." After three (3) 'No Shows', the student organization will no longer be permitted to reserve space in the DCEPS.
- If your event will be attended by non-ODU affiliated attendees, please contact Parking Services about where attendees should park prior to the event.
- The Multi-Purpose Auditorium is not furnished. To request tables and chairs, please contact ODU Facilities Management. NOTE: Facilities Management charges a fee for this service.
- All food and beverages (including alcoholic beverages where appropriate) served in the Multi-Purpose Auditorium, shall be ordered through Monarch Catering.
- The number of attendees for your event cannot exceed the maximum capacity for which the room is set-up.
- Requestor must ensure that all doors are closed and locked when leaving. If the door is unlocked and it is after hours, you must contact ODU Police Department to lock the door before you leave.
If we need to reach you...
Please provide an additional phone number we can use to reach you if questions arise that need an immediate answer.
Will your event require catering?
Monarch Catering: (757) 683-4691
Monarch Catering will clean up food waste; however, the requestor is the person ultimately responsible for the room being cleared and clean after the event. It is the responsibility of the requestor to coordinate with ODU Facilities Management and/or Housekeeping to ensure the set-up meets your needs. If you need large trash cans, please contact Housekeeping.
Will your event require Audio/Visual Needs?
Technology Equipment Classroom Central: (757) 683-3192; Press Option 2; Ask for Classroom Central to be dispatched
It is the responsibility of the requestor to obtain any assistance needed for audio, visual and/or electronic devices (computer, projection screen, sound, TV, etc.). Consider the time it will take for A/V set-up and be sure to have accounted for that time in your event set-up time stated above. For assistance with AV equipment/software, please contact ODU Classroom Central.
If your event will be attended by non-ODU affiliated attendees, please contact Parking Services about where attendees should park prior to the event. Parking Transportation and Parking Services: (757) 683-4004
The Multi-Purpose auditorium is not furnished. To request tables and chairs, please contact ODU Facilities Management. Please note that Facilities Management will charge for this service. Furniture Setup Facilities Management: (757) 683-4269
For energy efficiency purposes, the temperature in the room is controlled by an automated temperature "Tolerance Zone" system. It may take some time for the room to adjust once occupied. A work order (available through Facilities Management's website) is typically required to adjust the temperature in a room. In the event that you cannot file a work order, please contact Facilities Management at (757) 683-4600 and press Option 2
to have them assess the temperature in the room.
Requestor should contact the Career and Advising Resource Center if the reservation is between 8 a.m.-5p.m., Monday-Friday at (757) 683-3938 in order to have a staff member unlock the door.
DCEPS Faculty/Staff Requestors
: If your reservation is after hours and/or on the weekend, contact the ODU Police Department at (757) 683-4000
in order to have campus security unlock the door.To cancel your reservation, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible. Cancellations made within 24 hours will be considered a "no-show."
We suggest that you "right-click", then select "Save As" in order to save a copy of your request.
By submitting this request you are indicating that you have read and will comply with all room reservation guidelines.